MINISEASON 2011 - JULY 27 and 28
Send any tips or submissions to: miniseason.blogspot@gmail.com

Monday, May 3, 2010

GULF OIL SPILL


The catastrophic oil spill that is currently going on in the Gulf is becoming worrisome for the prospects of this year's mini season. I have not found any information regarding its possible effect on the lobsters but we will continue to monitor this development and post any relevant information.

This spill is well on its way to becoming the worst in history. I don't see how they will manage to contain this thing anytime soon unless their proposed containment dome actually works. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it does. 

For people who may want to help, here is a site to get you started http://www.oilspillvolunteers.com/. For everyone like me who is too lazy to actually clean oil off rocks, the least we can do is boycott BP and send a donation to a good cause. I'll have to sort through some organizations before deciding who its best to donate to, but once I figure it out I'll post a link to their website.


P.S. BP better pray they don't ruin mini season because if they do there is no telling what I may be capable of.

No comments:

Post a Comment