MINISEASON 2011 - JULY 27 and 28
Send any tips or submissions to: miniseason.blogspot@gmail.com

Thursday, July 8, 2010

GULF OIL SPILL


Relief Well Almost Complete

The first relief well BP is drilling in the Gulf of Mexico could intercept the leaking Deepwater Horizon well in seven to 10 days, the man heading the federal response to the oil crisis said Thursday.

[
Retired Coast Guard Adm. Thad Allen] reiterated that despite that accelerated time frame, he's sticking with mid-August as the expected time for the "bottom kill" procedure to be completed.
CNN

It's been a long time since we've heard anything regarding actually stopping this fiasco. It seems like BP has put all their faith in this relief well working. I am glad that we are getting close to possibly having this thing stopped but I think I've written that phrase about 10 times since this oil spill started. My question is, what if this relief well doesn't work?

Is there any backup plan? I haven't seen any preparation for any emergency Plan B. Oh wait, thats right, the backup plan is another relief well. I like the commitment on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment