MINISEASON 2011 - JULY 27 and 28
Send any tips or submissions to: miniseason.blogspot@gmail.com

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

SPINY LOBSTER TOURNEY


Sunset Tavern, South Miami Tournament

For anyone who spends their mini season diving the Miami area there is a Spiny Lobster Tournament being held at Sunset Tavern this year. I stumbled across this last night and noticed the date for a discounted entry fee is the first of July, so I figured I should give people a heads up on it.

It is a weight tournament, with cash prizes for the top three competitors. Sounds like it would be fun, unfortunately Sunset Tavern is a little far from Islamorada for us to compete plus there is no way any of our lobsters would win.

Now if it was a speed tournament then I would bet the farm on Brett, but as far as weight goes the shallow waters of the keys don't seem to yield any behemoths. That is, not including the Ghost Lobster of course.

I used to live right next to Sunset Tavern, it's a decent little bar and there is plenty of parking at the nearby Sunset Place mall. If I was in Miami I would go check it out even if you don't enter. I bet it will be a good time full of drunken fishermen stories.

1 comment:

  1. Go to there web sight to see last years winners.. and post some of you big bugs for all to see.. mike

    ReplyDelete